Local Help and Support
Dementia Carer Support Group
Meets every Tuesday at St. John's Church, Wrotham Road, Meopham, DA13 9BT 10am-12pm
Help for Households
See what support is available to help with the cost of living and find out how to save money with our energy saving tips. Click here
A food bank is a charity that provides food to people who have difficulty buying enough. All food banks operate in slightly different ways. For instance some will provide a home delivery service for people living in rural areas and those who are unable to get to a food bank. Contact your local food bank to find out how to use it.
Support with Energy Arrears or Debt
Find out whether your energy provider can offer you some help:
- The British Gas Energy Trust
- EDF Energy Customer Support Fund
- E.ON Energy Fund
- npower Energy Fund
- Scottish Power Hardship Fund
- OVO Energy Fund
- Simple Energy Advice offers impartial and independent advice to help you reduce energy bills and make your home warmer and greener, as well as information for home improvements.
- Age UK offers advice, tips and options for a home energy and benefits check to ensure you have everything that you are entitled to.
- Citizens Advice can help you check for any benefits or financial support to help you with energy bills or allow for you to make energy improvements to your home.
- Energy Saving Trust has lots of information about how to save energy at home and some financial advice.
- Turn2us is a national charity providing financial support to help people get back on track. You can access a benefits calculator and grant search to find charitable funds you may be eligible for.
Clothes and Furniture
You can try the Salvation Army, Freecycle, Gumtree, local Facebook selling pages or your local charity shops. If you have a social worker involved with you or your family, they may look into trying Family Fund with you.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.